Monday, March 28, 2011

Peggy Tanous Speaks on Postpartum Depression, Thoughts of Suicide


The Real Housewives of Orange County took a break from drama-filled, scripted catfights last night and focused on an important issue: postpartum depression.

New cast member Peggy Tanous revealed that she battled the disease for three years, going into more detail with E! News about just how serious things turned.

"I [felt] so lost and depressed and overwhelmed that I had a thought of going upstairs and grabbing the gun," Tanous said of her suicidal thoughts. "There were days when I would wake up and I just didn't want to get out of bed... Thank God there were never thoughts of me wanting to harm my children."

Peggy Tanous Photo

Over the last year or so, other celebrities that have come out with tales about this infliction include Gwyneth Paltrow and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Says the 41-year-old mother of two says, who benefited from the aid of holistic supplements: "I'm in a much better place now, and feel almost pretty much back to normal. I have some bad days, but for the most part I feel pretty much back to normal... it's an ongoing struggle."

We wish her, and all women suffering from similar feelings, the best best of luck with it.

Raquel Alessi Eve Krista Allen Victoria Beckham Genelle Frenoy

No comments:

Post a Comment