Monday, May 30, 2011

Queen Drummer Roger Taylor Reveals Hearing Loss

rogert1 Queen Drummer Roger Taylor Reveals Hearing Loss

Queen drummer Roger Taylor has opened up about being partially deaf and wearing hearing aids after years of loud music.

Roger Taylor, 61, the drummer for rock band Queen, confirms he has serious hearing loss after playing drums for over 40 years.

Taylor told Britain?s Sunday Express, ?I guess it was inevitable and hardly surprising given what I?ve been doing for the past 40 years? The sound levels on stage were so loud with all that constant banging and smash, smash, smash; it did untold damage to the fine nerve endings in the inner ear, though it is worse in the left, which is the side of my snare drum and the monitor.?

Taylor, who now wears hearing aids, admits he finally sought help after his wife Sarina realized there was a problem.

He adds, ?She was the one who kept pointing out that the TV volume was up too loud, though I could only just hear it. Then I kept missing out on dialogue in films and at dinner parties and social gatherings I couldn?t understand what people were saying. It felt strange and frustrating to a point where I was starting to lip-read. I realised my hearing wasn?t what it should be.?

Click thumbnails for larger pictures

Images: wenn.com

Share

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/stupidcelebrities/~3/IuOYYbEzreQ/

Susan Ward Melissa Joan Hart Olivia Munn Asia Argento Julia Stiles

No comments:

Post a Comment